Friday, March 12, 2010

Me: Hopes, Illusions and harsh Reality

A hope and a plan
is what I want,
A map with a goal
and a path.

Today, I am lost
with no sense or
idea of what
I love more.

In Conflict I am,
with a part that
wants to depend,
And the other
that only craves
Independence.

Confidence and self-belief
Is what I dream about,
so different is Reality
all I can do is Scream.

Actions scare me,
Dreams protect me;
Like a toddler I am
who is forted by
pillows and arms.

Plans with no motivation,
Excuses and illusions are all
that drives me on.
I crave excitement,
actions without fear, and
plans with self-confidence.

A better reality is what I am
praying for,
to be the girl
with the piggytails
and pink frock, in the park,
swinging without a care.


A/N: Hey guys this is the first ever poem i have attempted to write. So, if it has gone off track I apologize. Learning Process!!!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked it. I can empathize too, to a large extent. With the prospect of no longer being a teenager constantly scaring me, my favorite paragraph is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mom's comment: (she cudnt comment from her gmail so she commented from mine)
    Mine too is the last one...it reminds me of your idyllic age...supported by a rare picture...u in a pink frock, with a huge pink doll, on our swing in our old dehradun house.

    It's personal..your emotions are sincere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. real good one.. and looking over to the hills of mussoorie..

    ReplyDelete